- 3 cups diced vine ripened tomatoes
- 3 cups chopped cucumber, seeds removed, but not peeled
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 2/3 cup Dannon® Oikos® Plain Greek Nonfat Yogurt
- 1 loaf whole grain crusty bread
- Olive oil for toasting
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Place the tomatoes in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until chopped finely, but not pureed smooth; pour out into a large mixing bowl.
- Repeat with the cucumbers, onion, and garlic.
- Once everything is in the mixing bowl, add the tomato juice, salt, and vinegar.
- Whisk in the yogurt, then refrigerate the soup for at least an hour, so the flavors can meld.
- Toward the end of chilling time, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut bread into 1-inch thick slices and place on sheet tray.
- Drizzle bread with olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake in oven for 10–12 minutes, until golden brown and toasted, but still chewy in the center.
- Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with toasted almonds.
- Serve with toasted bread