- 1 cup Greek 0% plain
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 lbs ground lamb, beef or turkey
- 1 beefsteak tomato, sliced into 6
- 6 (4-inch) pitette pockets, split (or deli flat or hamburger rolls)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook/Rest Time: 20 minutes
- Mix together yogurt, feta cheese, mint and pepper; set aside.
- Divide the ground meat into 12 equal portions. Shape each portion into a thin patty, about 4” wide. Place one tablespoon of the yogurt feta mixture onto 6 of the patties, then top with the remaining meat patties, being careful to seal the mixture in.
- Grill or broil the stuffed burgers for about 5-8 minutes, turning once. Serve immediately on the split pitettes (or rolls) with a slice of tomato and remaining yogurt sauce.
Serving Size: 1 burger
Amount per serving: Calories: 470 | Protein: 38g | Total Fat: 26g