- 2 1/2 cups vanilla Greek nonfat yogurt, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 12 thick slices whole wheat bread
- 1/4 cup seedless berry jam*
- Zest of 1 orange*
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- Add 2 cups yogurt to a mixing bowl, setting aside remaining 1/2 cup yogurt. Add eggs, cinnamon, and orange zest, if desired. Mix well. Pour mixture into 9” x 12” baking dish.
- Place 4 slices of bread on clean work surface. Spread 2 Tbsp. of remaining yogurt and 1 Tbsp. berry jam* over each of the bread slices; top each with another piece of bread and add to yogurt mixture in the baking dish. Turn to coat both sides; cover with plastic wrap and allow casserole to soak, refrigerated, at least 15 minutes.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat a touch of oil. Griddle the yogurt-soaked sandwiches for 4–5 minutes per side (or until golden brown and heated through). Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with syrup..