- 3 cups plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 medium red sweet pepper, diced
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons canned diced green chilies
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh cilantro
- Fresh cilantro sprigs
- Tortilla chips or crackers
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Line a yogurt strainer, sieve, or a small colander with three layers of 100-percent cotton cheesecloth or a clean paper coffee filter. Suspend lined strainer, sieve, or colander over a bowl. Spoon in yogurt. Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight.
- Remove yogurt cheese from strainer; discard liquid. Transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in garlic, cumin, and salt. Fold in sweet pepper, corn, black beans, tomato, green chilies, 1 1/2 cups of the cheese and the cilantro.
- Spoon into crock or spread on a platter. Top with remaining cheese and cilantrosprigs.
- Serve with tortilla chips or crackers. Makes 4 cups dip
32 servings (2 tbsp.)