- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 qt. low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1-3/4 cupsDannon® All Natural Plain Lowfat Yogurt, separated
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley or cilantro
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- In a soup pot, heat oil. Add onions and cumin and sauté 3-4 minutes.
- Add potatoes and broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer soup 20-25 minutes.
- Puree soup with 1-1/2 cups yogurt and parsley or cilantro.
- Serve each portion of soup with a dollop of remaining yogurt and a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds.
12 servings (8 oz. per serving)