- 2 1/2 cups Shortbread cookies, finely ground
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups Greek style plain yogurt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 8oz. packages fat free cream cheese
- 1 cup super fine sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Juice and zest from 2-3 lemons
- 1 sticks of butter (cut into cubes)
- 1/4 cup of super fine sugar
- 5 eggs
- In a medium sized bowl mix ground cookies and butter.
- Press into 9 spring form pan and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven 300°. Add all ingredients for filling in bowl and combine using food processor or hand mixer.
- Pour into cooled crust. Bake in 300° oven for 2 hours. Let cool overnight in refrigerator.
- In a double boiler heat lemon, zest, butter, and sugar over simmering water.
- Leave until butter is melted and sugar dissolved stirring on occasion with wooden spoon.
- Lightly mix eggs and slowly drizzle into lemon butter mixture, continue stirring until curd coats wooden spoon, 30-35 minutes.
- Leftover Lemon curd can be refrigerated and used for up to 6 weeks.
- Once cooled, spread lemon curd over cheesecake and serve.