- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 5 anchovy fillets
- 6 TBS grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tsp sour sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cups day-old bread, cubed
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- Combine 3 cloves of garlic, plain yogurt, anchovies, 2 TBS of Parmesan cheese, sour sauce, mustard and lemon juice in blender. Blend until smooth. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Refrigerate until needed
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cut the remaining 3 cloves of garlic into quarters and add to hot oil. Cook and stir until brown and then remove garlic from pan. Add bread cubes to the hot oil. Cook, turning frequently, until lightly browned. Remove bread cubes from oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl. Toss with dressing, remaining Parmesan cheese and seasoned bread cubes.